Welcome to the Eastern Center for Excellence in Writing
The Suffolk County Community College's Eastern Center for Excellence in Writing offers SCCC students free individualized one on one tutoring services. We work closely with students, faculty, and administrators to aid members of the SCCC community in becoming capable, successful, self-sufficient writers.
All members of the SCCC community are welcome to work on and discuss any type of writing project at any stage of the writing process. The Writing Center also provides assistance to ESL (English as Second Language) writers as well as students in developmental classes.
Important Information about the Writing Center
- You must have a valid SCCC ID to sign in. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Work alone or with a tutor for a forty-five minute session. (It may get noisy here)
- Please bring any materials (notes, assignment sheets, draft, etc.) that will help us to help you in the session.
- Be ready to actively discuss your writing and to make choices about improving your writing. We can offer suggestions, but it is your responsibility and your decision to use what you get out of a session.
- Bring a flash drive to save your work if you use the computers.
Whether you are just getting started or putting the final touches on your work, the Writing Center is here to help improve and empower your writing. We provide a relaxed and comfortable environment for you to discuss your ideas and writing. Come see us!