Credit-Bearing Library Research Classes
Students, take LIB101 or LIB103 to fulfill the Freshman Seminar requirement and learn valuable research skills for all your classes!
LIB101 - Introduction to College Research
- Catalog Description: This course provides students with fundamental skills for finding and using information. Through lectures, interactive discussions, demonstrations, and hands-on activities, students develop techniques for defining research topics, creating search strategies, gathering relevant sources from various formats, evaluating information, and using information ethically. (1 credit)
LIB103 - Library Research Methods
- Master the Internet in Your Pajamas in this online course!
Questions? Prof. Bealle firstname.lastname@example.orgEastern Campus Library
- Register for this online course at MySCCC.
- Catalog Description: Enhances basic concepts and skills needed to complete college-level research. Prepares individuals to make effective life-long use of information sources and information systems. Instruction focuses on developing systematic method of research and gaining confidence in techniques of locating information, including electronic resources. (3.0 credits)
Students, for individual research assistance:
- consult library faculty at the reference desk in your campus library
- call the reference desk to speak with a reference librarian:
- Ammerman 631 451-4830
- Eastern 631 548-2538
- Grant 631 548-6744