Before You Start
-Access databases from home with your SCCC username and password.
-Print only what is necessary.
-If we don't have what you are looking for, we will get it for you- but it may take a few days to several weeks.
Follow the Plan
How to do research to prepare a persuasive essay:
1. Find a topic- in the news or from a list.
2. Get a brief overview about the issue.
3. Focus the presentation on only ONE aspect of the topic.
4. Get organized & structure the paper.
5. Search a database or two for facts and opinions.
6. Build an argument.
7. Cite your sources.
Click on the tabs above to access the information you will need to write the paper.